The Peaks Resort & Spa has been part of Telluride Ski & Golf Resort since July of 2015. At that time the resort purchased the commercial spaces and obtained the management contract for the hotel and the adjacent See Forever Village. The resort’s involvement is for the long term and although many improvements have already been made, there are even more exciting things to come.
Here are some highlights of recent Peaks activities:
- Talent: the great business management guru Peter Druker said “culture trumps strategy” and the team culture at the Peaks has shown an impressive resurgence under VP of Hospitality Rudy Sharp, Spa Director Todd Shaw and Food and Beverage Director Chris Wisocki.
- Physical Plant: It’s been the goal to get the core of the building running efficiently and although it’s a lot of non-sexy stuff, the HOA understands it is the foundation that allows great guest service to happen.
- Owner Engagement: Homeowners at the Peaks are now more engaged than ever and their participation is a great thing as they look at room-standards and other improvements.
- Telluride Golf Club Improvements: A major investment in snowmaking as part of a completely renovated golf practice facility are a huge benefit for the Peaks owners and guests.
- Steaming Bean: Smoothies, a juice bar, great breakfast items and grab and go selections are fantastic additions to the Peaks coffee shop.
- Altezza: A new and eclectic menu, a fresh décor and improved service added to the already un-rivaled views of Wilson Peak and the San Sophia mountain range now make Altezza a can’t miss dining experience in Telluride.
Because of these factors and some future grand plans, real estate momentum is picking up at the Peaks. The values remain some of the best buys in Telluride. Owners enjoy special benefits and access privileges.
If you have comments, questions, or want to learn more about the Peaks or Telluride Real Estate opportunities, contact me anytime.