The Telluride Real Estate market continues to gain momentum as we garner worldwide recognition for being one of the best small towns in the nation. The Telluride Ski & Golf Resort has been named the #1 resort in North America for 4 of the last 5 years by the readers of Conde Naste magazine. We have the most amazing festivals, shops, restaurants and lodging options you could hope for and the natural beauty of the San Juan Mountains allow for a lifetime of exploration and multi-generational alpine lifestyle. Given all these factors, it’s no wonder we are seeing the real estate market respond so positively to the increasing allure of the Telluride region.
Here are the mid-year highlights of the 2017 Telluride Real Estate Market:
- Year to date (YTD) real estate transactional dollar volume is up 50% over 2016 at $267 Million.
- Telluride Real Estate Corp./Christie’s International Real Estate’s dollar volume is up 51% YTD.
- YTD number of transactions is up 21% over 2016 at 307 transactions
- Currently there are 104 homes, 175 condos and 124 lots listed for sale in Telluride and Mountain Village proper representing 21 months of inventory.
- Because of the lack of inventory in the Town of Telluride, it has become a seller’s market and the best deals on a price per value basis are now larger homes and lots in Mountain Village. Mountain Village home sales are double over prior year.
- Distribution of sales so far this year are roughly split in thirds between Telluride, Mountain Village and the remainder of the County.
- Condos represent roughly 44% of sales and lots and residential sales represent about 25% each.
- The subdivisions of Aldasoro Ranch, the Ski Ranches and residential homes on 35-acre parcels represent some tremendous values in the region.
This year’s real estate market is in a very interesting position where Sellers can achieve good value and there are still very good deals for Buyers compared to our competitive set of Aspen, Jackson Hole and Sun Valley.
Please contact me for additional information and discussions on the Telluride Real Estate market. To stay informed, check out my website at www.telluriderealestates.com and Like my Facebook page at Telluride Real Estate News.